Java is a set of computer software and specifications developed by Sun Microsystems, later acquired by Oracle Corporation, that provides a system for developing application software and deploying it in a cross-platform computing environment. Java is used in a wide variety ofcomputing platforms from embedded devices and mobile phones to enterprise servers and supercomputers. While less common, Java appletsrun in secure, sandboxed environments to provide many features of native applications and can be embedded in HTML pages.
- Bytecode, JVM, Platform independency, JDK & JRE
- Installing JDK, setting up the PATH environmental variable
Keywords, Literals & Identifiers
- Valid & invalid identifiers
Primitive Data types & Type casting
- Integer (byte, short, int, long)
- Float (float & double)
- Type Casting
- Assignment Operators.
- Arithmetic Operators
- Relational Operators
- Logical Operators.
- Conditional Operators
- Bitwise Operators.
- Instance of Comparison.
- Operator Precedence.
- Introductions to Files and Streams.
- DataInput Stream and DataOutputStream.
- FileInputStream and FileOutputStream.
- Reader and Writer.
- Scanner class.
If and Switch Statements.
Loops and Iterators.
Break and Continue.
Conditional and Looping statements
- If, if-else, switch
- For, while, do-while
- Break, continue
- Method declaration, definition
- Arguments, return types
- Method overloading
- Single dimensional & Multidimensional
Introduction to Garbage Collections.
How Garbage Collection works.
Java Memory Management System.
Introduction to Inner Classes.
Regular Inner Class.
Method-Local Inner Class.
Anonymous Inner Class.
Static Inner Class.
Classes & objects
- public classes with member functions & data members
- creating objects
- passing objects in methods as arguments and returning objects from methods
- instance members & static member
Access modifiers (public & private)
- public classes
- public and private members of a class
- Intro to packages
- Use of CLASSPATH environmental variable
- Creating own packages
- Importing a package
- lang package
Inheritance, method overriding
- Inheritance using extends keyword
- Method overriding
- Object class
- Class class
- final class
- final methods & variables
Access Modifiers (protected & default)
- default class
- protected & default members of class
- sum up all 4 access types i.e. default, public, private & protected
- taking access specifiers in consideration while overriding method
Abstract classes & interfaces
- Abstract methods & classes
- Interfaces (methods & data members of interface)
- Reference variables & objects
- Class casting
- try & catch
- throw, throws & finally
- Difference between process and thread.
- The Thread class and Runnable interface.
- Daemon and User Threads.
- Creating your own threads.
- Synchronized Methods.
- Synchronized Blocks.
- Static synchronization.
Database connectivity using ODBC
- Statement, PreparedStatement
- Select, insert, update, delete
- Transaction Management (setAutoCommit(false)
| HTML and CSS
Packaging Web Application in an EAR